[Setup] what happened to DC metatags? and other problems

Lucia Colombo llcolombo at email.it
Sat Nov 5 13:13:56 UTC 2005

Hi all

I have migrated a number of sites from Plone 2.05 to Plone 2.1.1, windows
platform. At least, that was what I thought.

I for sure migrated them from 2.05 to 2.1, then as the windows installer was
not yet available for windows, I installed the package for all platforms for
2.1.1.

I actually did not realize, at that point, that plone 2.1.1 was requiring
zope 2.7.8, I was having 2.7.7 shipped together with the windows installer
for 2.1.

No migration was required for the sites at this point, and didn't worry much
about that, everything worked fine - after quite a migration job, but
anyway.

On another windows system running plone 2.05  I then installed Plone 2.1.1
with the windows installer. Had to uninstall everything first, as the
windows setup was not succeeding over the existing installation, and then
started importing the sites exported from my 2.1 (.1 not really)
installation, but it did not work. So I took the data.fs from it and
replaced it on the 2.1.1 freshly installed. Then the migration from 2.1 to
2.1.1 was required, and I did it. Everything apparently worked fine, and say
this one is system_A running Plone 2.1.1

But even though the exposeDCMetaTags property is set in portal_properties,
what I get from it in the html is:

Which is not actually what I expected - it was working fine in the 2.1
installation.

So my question at this point is, how do I get the DCMetagags to work
properly.

Nevertheless everything else seemed to work fine.  I immediately did not
realize about DCMetaTags and proceeded with upgrading the production
environment (system_B), installing 2.1.1 with the windows installer. I
exported the sites from the previous installation and imported them to
production. Here, one thing is, indexes like Title, Description and
SearchableText disappeared again (they were also disappearing in the first
upgrade to 2.1, and rebuilt them).

Another thing is, most of the content dropdown menus, ie those for the
translate options, or for setting the view on a folder and to add items to
the folder, are not working any longer as dropdown menus, but they link to
the actioncontent-managing screens (ie folder_factories or
select_default_view and so on): dropdown menus are working on system_A, they
are not on system_B, and I can't figure out what's the difference between
the two. It is not so important, I mean the
folder_factories/select_defautl_view work fine, but this was not anyway
happening on all of the sites I imported so I wonder whether there's some
setting somewhere I should be aware of.

Another thing I realized is, on Plone 2.1.1 listing_templates to choose from
as folder views are not working fine any longer if they don't have a title.
Those which are already set work, but trying to change the folder view would
not succeed until I.found out about the title and fized that. Actually I was
not having a title for most of them - of course I can add it - but is there
any other troubles I'm running into without titles? Or does this simply mean
I'm having something else messed up?

Thanks&bye

Lucia

 Sponsor:
 Jamba: Personalizza il tuo cellulare con le TOP suonerie!
* La prima suoneria è GRATIS! Scaricala ORA!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3604&d=5-11