[Setup] Re: Trouble creating Plone site (python exception)

Lucia Colombo llcolombo at email.it
Thu Dec 29 14:21:36 UTC 2005

what port are you running plone on?
I had the same problem (yes, Win XP....), and it looks like plone runs on
port 8080 as zope does. I was not able to change that port: the plone
console says it runs on port 80...but port is 8080. Just try to run your
site on port 8080 and it should work.
There were posts about that, on the plone user newsgroup I think, as the
setup one was not yet existing (it was abou...september, as far as I
remember). Anyway, on any site you add you get that error because the
navigation portlet returns an error and then there is some zope bug which
prevents the rest of the page content to display, as there is an error in a
left portlet. You can notice the Plone default site is misbehaving the same
way, the only site that works on port 80 is the root.

Lucia

"Alison Lowe" <matt.holton at ntlworld.com> ha
scritto nel messaggio news:dp0i3q$hp$1 at sea.gmane.org...