[Setup] Re: Trouble creating Plone site (python exception)

Alison Lowe matt.holton at ntlworld.com
Thu Dec 29 11:42:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm glad you posted this - I am a newbie at Plone and I've been going mad
the last couple of days trying to get this to work and thinking that I was
doing something / not doing something simple!

Just to confirm that I have exactly the same setup (2.1.1. and Win XP) and
the same event log entry.
I have also completely uninstalled and re-installed Plone (several times) as
fresh installs without migrating. Everything appears OK until I add a site
(although I admit that I have really only been trying to add a site so far).
I am adding the site at the root, i.e. no nested sites as recommended
elsewhere on here (although I did have them before, trying it now generates
an error)
It is a basic install without any additional products added other than in
the installation package.
The calendar and login portlets are visible at the site homepage, but I get
the same inability to add a content type or allow a new member to join

A big thak you to anyone who can help ¦-D

"J. Michael Adams" <jma at oksofar.com> wrote in
message news:20051229041305.2B156955B at mailrelay.t-mobile.com...