[Setup] post 2.0.5 -> 2.1.1 migration: catalog not updating

Neil Coplin coplin at ag.osu.edu
Wed Dec 28 15:03:47 UTC 2005

I have several sites in one instance that are pretty much copies of
each other, running the same custom skin product.  After importing
each site into a fresh 2.1.1 instance and then running migration and
updates on each site, I'm getting two mis-behaviors.  The first is
that the portal_catalog doesn't update for each site whenever content
is chagned within it.  I'd noticed that some indexes were missing
from that site's catalog, so tried copying the portal_catalog from
the main instance (the fresh install) into the site and re-
cataloging, to no use.  The interesting note is the catalog for the
main instance does get updated whenever I add/edit something within
one of the sites.  So it seems to want to update the main instance's
catalog without updating the one for the site as well.  This behavior
seems to fall in parallel to the second problem, that it seems to be
taking all of the skin information from the custom skin product from
the one installed in the main instance, and not in each plone site--
as each site has two images that vary from the skin in the custom
folder that aren't being shown properly.

I've tried updating the catalog through both the portal_catalog tool
(via the advanced tab and find objects tab) and the ATCT re-catalog
from within portal_atct.  I don't show any old CMF types left in any
of the sites.

Thoughts as to why the things aren't updating properly from within
the plone site?  What more might you need to know to help?

Thanks,
	Neil Coplin