[Setup] Re: Plone Access Rule

Dan Thomas dthomas at ois-online.com
Wed Dec 21 01:51:45 UTC 2005

Steven Williams <SWilliams at ...> writes:

> Does having the Plone Access Rule (accessRule.py) in your Zope root affect
> Virtual Host Processing or Apache URL rewriting functionality under Plone
> 2.1.1, Zope 2.7, Apache 2.00.55
>
> I read somewhere where I needed to delete it...but the post was a couple of
> years old.

I have been able to use VHM with Apache URL rewriting without changing the
Access Rule in Plone 2.1.1.

However, this issue did cause me grief trying to use Webdav to see my multiple
Plone instances, and I had to follow these directions to fix it:
   1. Go to the Plone site (/Plone) and delete the SiteRoot object.
   2. Go to the Zope site and select "Set Access Rule" from the drop down
list. Click on the button "No Access Rule".
(From http://plone.org/documentation/faq/multiple-sites-installers).

Taking these steps also did not break the Apache rewrite rules.

Dan