[Setup] 404 Error on Vhost Home page

Steven Williams SWilliams at valueline.com
Tue Dec 20 19:04:13 UTC 2005

I am having a problem where the main (center) part of the plone site home
(front-page) is not displayed when I access the site through my Vhost url.
I just get a 404 error.  The rest of the page such as banner and portlets
are fine.  This is an Apache hosted site (port 80) with the plone instance
running at port 9000.

I am not sure if it is related to my rewrite rule or not, but if I access
the site directly using the :9000 port number it displays fine.

Here is my rewrite rule:

# PLONE - ITWEB the following requires the NameVirtualHost *:80 directive
above
<VirtualHost *>
ServerName itweb
RewriteEngine On
ReWriteLog "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/logs/rewrite_itweb.log"
ReWriteLogLevel 9
DocumentRoot "d:/www/vltrack/www/"
ServerAdmin swilliams at valueline.com

# __________________Try 3 ____
RewriteRule ^itweb/(.*)
http://itweb:9000/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/_vh
_itweb$1 [P,L]
ReWriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/itweb/(.*)
ReWriteRule ^/(.*)
http://itweb:9000/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/plo
ne/$1 [P,L]

# __________________Try 2
#RewriteRule ^$ \
http://itweb:9000/VirtualHostBase/\http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/
[P,L]
#RewriteRule ^itweb/(.*) \
http://itweb:9000/VirtualHostBase/\http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

# __________________Try 1
# RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
http://itweb:9000/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[P,L]
</VirtualHost>

Steven P. Williams
(212) 907-1663
This transmission contains information intended to be confidential and
solely for the use of Value Line, Inc., and those persons or entities to
whom it is directed. It is not to be reproduced, retransmitted, or in any
other manner distributed. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender.