[Setup] Re: Plone not installing on zope

Qass qassair at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:45:56 UTC 2005

Alan:

I did what you wrote (install everything from source) yesterday and
got it running on mandrake. I got in running on win XP too but can't
on redhat. The "Plone Site" just doesn't show up in the ZMI/Control
Panel/Products. I had a whole lot of errors trying to use zopectl too.
No one was really able to figure out why I was having those problems.
If you follow this thread and read the first few emails I posted,
asking for help with installation on redhat, you'd understand what I
was talking about. I understand " linux is *by far* the easiest to get
zope running under" and it should simply be a ./configure, make, make
install but wasn't for me. I wouldn't be asking for help if it were :)

Thanks