[Setup] Re: Plone not installing on zope

Qass qassair at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:43:46 UTC 2005

Hi:

I installed Zope 2.8.4 with Python 2.3.5 and Plone 2.1.1 all three
from source last night on a mandrake system and it all worked
beautifully. I think I'm having problems on the Red Hat due to two
versions of Python being present (even though I specified one while
installing zope). Also Python 2.4 is installed from an rpm while 2.3.5
from source. I think some conflict there is causing all my problems.
I'm gonna have to wait until Zope officially supports Python 2.4.
Until then, I'll use Midgard.

Thanks for all your help everybody.