[Setup] Re: Plone not installing on zope

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Dec 15 16:16:26 UTC 2005

Qass wrote:

> As mentioned in the Plone installation instructions, after restarting
> zope, I should see "Plone Site" as one of the options in the drop down
> menu on the right side of the ZMI but I don't. What am I doing wrong
> here? I've tried using different versions of CMFPlone but that didn't
> work either.

Very, very strange. A bit of brainstorming:

* You moved *all* the folders included in the tarbal to the Products
directory? You mention a whole list, but you simply need all of them.

* "dropdown menu on the right side" => Not the dropdown in the top
horizontal frame of the ZMI, but the "add new..." in the big frame with
the tabs.

Two wild guesses for a strange problem :-)

Reinout

Reinout van Rees                         r.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
http://vanrees.org/weblog/                  http://zestsoftware.nl/
"Military engineers build missiles. Civil engineers build targets."