[Setup] Re: Will migration ever work?

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Tue Dec 13 17:14:49 UTC 2005

alan runyan wrote:

> How about simply *paying* a company to do the migration for you? Hopefully
> the company you would pay would be involved with Plone enough to fix this
> error from happening and the next maintenance release of Plone 2.1.2 would
> have this fixed?

Alan,
   Fair suggestion, and if we were a commercial organisation, that would
be a good idea. Also if a private company made money from Plone,
ethically speaking they ought to do this to support your efforts. I
appreciate that the reason for such problems with Plone is largely lack
of resources / funding. Unfortunately, like many UK universities, we are
totally underfunded too and do not have this as an option. What we can
offer to the Plone community is to answer questions on the newsgroups,
write some documents, perhaps release a Product if we produce something
generic enough that others may use it. If I ever catch sight of some
funding that could be justified to be spent on Plone, I shall see what I
can do. :-)
   At the moment, I am just trying to get Plone 2.1 to work and also
learning more about Plone, then I can think about doing some of these
things.
   Hope that sounds like a reasonable answer....
All the best,
Nick