[Setup] Zope/Plone/VHM/Apache confusion & multi-site login.

Juliann juliann at people-are.strange.com
Wed Dec 7 01:38:00 UTC 2005

On 6 Dec 2005, at 23:20, Rene Pijlman wrote:

> Install the VHM in your Zope root, if you haven't already done
> so. If you don't know what that is, search in
> plone.org/documentation

Done (or rather it was already done by the installer or zope).

> Per site:
>
>     Create an Apache VirtualHost for every site.
>
>     Put on one line:
>
>     RewriteRule ^/(.*)
> http://hostname-of-server:port-of-zope/VirtualHostBase/http/
> www.domain.com:80/plone-site-id/VirtualHos
> tRoot/$1 [P]

I'm sorry, I must be doing this wrong.  I made the virtual hosts like
so:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName  www.juliann.net
</VirtualHost>

(I didn't put a docroot because I guessed that would interfere with
or override the rewrite rule..)

and then added below each:
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:8284/VirtualHostBase/http/
www.myweb.com:80/MyWeb/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P]

(8284 is the zope management port, I tried 8204 which is the "plone'
port but the result was the same.)

Apache starts with no errors but when going to any of the domain
names in a browser just brings up the generic Apache (well, apple's
version).

I'm sure I must be doing something stupid, but I have no experience
with apache.

Help would be appreciated.

--Juliann