[Setup] Upgrading Plone site issues

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:39:17 UTC 2005

On 12/3/05, Rene Pijlman <rene at lab.applinet.nl> wrote:

> Brian Sullivan:
> >Error Type AttributeError Error Value referencebrowser_startupDirectory
> >Traceback:
>
> A couple of days ago I told someone with a similar problem on
> plone-users:
>
> |Perhaps:
> |
> |http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.devel/9506
> |
> |http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=12349&style=flat&viewday=10&viewmonth=200507
>
> |(find 'referencebrowser_startupDirectory')
>
> And the packaging issue with long file names was indeed his
> problem.
>
> So perhaps...

Yes -- that is the problem I was having as well (at least the first one I
provided a traceback for). Thanks for the heads up.

I am suprised that this isn't more visible somewhere(regardless of where the
problem actually is). I would guess that most Windows based upgrades(and a
fair number of first installs) would use WinZip-- which apparently has the
problem. I wonder if there are more similar issues lurking somewhere.

It seems this problem is unrelated to my upgrade/import issue though - as
illustrated in the second traceback. Any ideas there?