[Setup] Problems with Plone and ZoneAlarm

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 11:27:52 UTC 2005

Hi Gordon,

Gordon Adams wrote:
> Running latest version of Plone for Windows on XP and am having
> difficulties exercising privileged access to the local portal while
> running ZoneAlarm. Seems to be blocking authentication data from being
> sent out as I keep on getting thrown back to the login screen when
> attempting anything with update privilege (reviewer, manager etc). Works
> ok when I either turn off Zonealarm completely (and my internet
> connection!) or when I access the Plone portal from within the ZMI. Have
> tried running the portal on different ports as well as turning the
> trusted zone 127.0.0.1 to the low Zonalarm setting (no firewall) to no
> avail. ZoneAlarm is not throwing up any warnings but it is in learning
> (automatic) mode.

Can't help with the specifics, but can tell you that my set-up works
fine with the latest version of ZoneAlarm.

I bought the full version and was not happy with it (much more
intrusive), so have reverted to the non-pro version.

Which version are you using?

Is this XP Pro?

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison