[Setup] How many Plone sites on Zope

Rene Pijlman rene at lab.applinet.nl
Thu Dec 1 01:02:52 UTC 2005

Christophe Bélanger:
>how many Plone sites can be working on one Zope. I know
>that it'll depend on many facts.

I guess it depends on two things mostly:

1. Memory. The number of ZODB-objects that need to be cached for
adequate performance. This depends on the size of the sites
(among other things).

2. CPU. The number of requests (hits) per unit of time, the
complexity of page construction, and front-end cache
agressiveness. Community sites with many active members are much
more challenging than a mostly read-only evergreen content site
with one editor who only fixes a typo once in a while.

http://plone.org/documentation/search?SearchableText=performance&path=%2Fplone.org%2Fdocumentation

--
Rene Pijlman
http://www.applinet.nl/