[Scientific] Re: Hello, List!

Jörgen Modin jorgen at webworks.se
Wed Oct 17 16:02:59 UTC 2007

Thanks Andreas and Per Erik!

My notes for the BOF are below, they are a jumble of what people said and
what I was thinking when they said it:

---

bibliography

keeping track of publications
(maybe tools for hooking up and producing)

CMFBibliographyAT

Best practices (how do you do something the best way? Identifying tasks and
find out the best way to do it by studying how ppl have done it). Sometimes
using plone, sometimes integrating solutions by eg authentication.
Showcasing stuff (screencasts)
How to try out new technology

Communicating with stakeholders
Facilitate cooperation between groups that are in different places in the
world

shared source modules, subversion

extremely important tracking scientific applications

members as content objects

host solutions

two focuses- build communites around existing data visualization and
analysis tools.

zucchero

metadata very important for non-textual data.
hierarchical

single sign-on, look at CAS

best practices, showcases

make a plone science showcase
    tasks
        writing - collaborating
        publishing
        presenting(what you're doing, what you've done)
            for peers
            for stakeholders
        finding data
        analysing data

On 10/17/07, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> --On 17. Oktober 2007 09:58:43 +0200 Per Erik Strandberg
> <per.strandberg at incf.org> wrote:
>

> > Andreas Jung wrote:
> >>
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >> how about plone4scientists.org?

> >> I offer the hosting for free.
> >>

> > I just purchased plone4scientists.org and will link it to Andreas (if
> you
> > help me with that) asap.
>
> The DNS now points to the Plone site. Please register yourself and I'll
> grant you the manager role.
>
> Andreas

Jörgen Modin
Webworks Sverige
AB                                                      phone
Sveavägen
98                                                                  gsm: +46
70-835 16 27
Stockholm
web in English: http://english.webworks.se
web in Swedish:    http://www.webworks.se