[Scientific] Re: Hello, List!

Per Erik Strandberg per.strandberg at incf.org
Wed Oct 17 06:55:08 UTC 2007

Georg Bernhard wrote:
> Hello, Scientific Plone!
>
> Some people have been taking pictures at our meeting in naples, at the
> BOF. Please submit these pictures to the list!

I took two photos! I'll try to dig them out of my camera tonight :)

I also went to the BoF on Plone for Universities during the Conference
and there is now a site up and running ( http://plone4universities.org )
that contains:
  * links to users
  * case studies
  * "get involved" section
  * links to software of interest for universities (hosted elsewhere)
  * communication section
  * about

Just add a "(proposed) best practices" section and that is pretty much
what we want right? Shouldn't there be something similar for the
scientific community within plone? I guess I can install a plone site to
my web hotel but I have only limited experience of apache etc and I'd
feel a bit more comfortable if someone had a more stable solution.

While searching for available domains I noticed that plone4science.dk is
not available - but there seems to be no site up and running there
(yet). Interesting...

I'd gladly donate some money for the domain (and perhaps also hosting)
and some time for drawing a logo (not that I am an expert or anything)
and adding contents to such a site.

Ciao,
Per

--