[Scientific] RDF and Researchers

Marcin Davies davies at ftw.at
Tue May 29 12:01:54 UTC 2007

On 14.05.2007, at 10:03, A Bowtell wrote:

> This is vaguely related to the previous thread and tangential to
> Plone. We
> have a researcher content type for Plone and we're looking at
> building a
> researcher ontology in RDF (since we reckon it would be easy for
> Plone to
> deliver the RDF). So far we've been exploring vocabularies such as
> FOAF but
> we'd be keen to know if anyone else is exploring the same topic.

No, not here, but sounds interesting. For which kind project are you
planning to build this ontology? I've worked in two European projects
(FP6) and I think that such an ontology could be extremely useful to
establish new contacts, search for common interests, etc. (which is
also one of the main goals of European 'Network of Excellence'
projects, for example).

Best regards,
Marcin

Marcin Davies
Telecommunications Research Center Vienna (ftw.)
Tech Gate Vienna | Donau-City-Str. 1/3 | A-1220 Vienna