[Roadmap] plone.app.multilingual

Laurence Rowe laurence at lrowe.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 19:37:32 UTC 2012

On 10 July 2012 11:49, Ramon Navarro Bosch <ramon.nb at gmail.com>
> What's your opinion ? I know there should be a PLIP process... but I thought
> asking the roadmap team first.

I think this makes a lot of sense to put p.a.multilingual on the same
tier as staging / versioning / theming - an add-on shipped with the
installers as a dependency of the Plone egg.

We should be careful with introducing dependencies in
Products.CMFPlone (core.cfg in the dev buildout) so experienced
integrators can make buildouts targeted more specifically at their
projects, but I'd be happy to move the catalog functionality into
CMFPlone or one of its dependencies to avoid the monkey patches.

Laurence