[Roadmap] Roadmap is live!

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Mon May 7 07:52:02 UTC 2012

Great work! This feels so good now that this is out in the open. I think the tone of it is just right - high level, but with a bit of technical info in there to reassure that there is sound engineering underneath and this is not just a vacuous marketing document.

One point I have just noticed on reading it all the way through again is the say some features right at the start are 4.x or 4.3, but later in the PLIPs section say they are in 4.2. Eg Plone.app.theming and new collections UI.

Also, if you've not already seen it, Massimo did a great presentation of WPD on the roadmap. It's in Italian but could be good basis for further presentations:

http://www.slideshare.net/massimo.azzolini/wpd-2012-roadmap-plone

Once we have an announcement up on Plone.org I will get in touch with Real Story Group and JBoye to update them.

-Matt