[Roadmap] Plone Roadmap: draft for discussion

Jon Stahl jonstahl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 21:03:19 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone!

On behalf of the Plone Roadmap team, which was convened at Plone
Conference 2011, I'm pleased to present to you our "discussion draft"
of the new Plone Roadmap.   We hope that it brings together in a
single place a clear vision of all of the great work that is already
going on, as well as documenting elements of the vision that have
previously been scattered across mailing list and in-person
discussion.

Without further ado, please see:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rZFoR34G0vDy8oxM4jrRP3dPc_7qolghAwNtYZ4udLs/edit

While the document is currently locked for direct editing, we do
invite you to leave comments using the Google Docs commenting tools.
If you have an idea or concern that requires in-depth discussion, the
plone-developers list is probably the most appropriate venue.

We'll hold open comments for a couple of weeks here, and then, based
on your feedback, the Roadmap Team will make any appropriate edits
needed before we can call this a "final" version (for now--obviously a
roadmap is a living document that we'll revisit as Plone continues to
mature).

Please don't broadcast this draft version far beyond the Plone
community; while there are no secrets in here and we are are obviously
working in a very open process, we'd like to direct broad public
attention to the final version rather than to this "beta quality"
release.

best,
jon
-----