[Roadmap] Pin drop

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 10:16:10 UTC 2012

Mark,
  This is a fantastic grounding. That you for writing this, I think in my mind i'd kinda lost sight as to what it was we were actually trying to achieve here. And (if others think similar) probably why we've all not really done much (other than usual time constraints!).

I agree that we are in a bit of a dangerous position with Plone at the moment in that we do risk losing quite a lot of brains from the community. Which is a shame considering the software itself it really better now than it has ever been and we have so much exciting stuff lined up. I guess that is the point, we need this roadmap to keep a sight of all this exciting stuff and to make sure we can articulate it to both ourselves and to others either outside the community or just coming in.

We have coming up potentially some good opportunities to get some of these things actually wrapped up:

Cioppino Sprint (likely to be March 22-25)
Sorrento Open Gardens (likely to be May 3-5)

Both of these events are still in gestation and not fully confirmed or agreed, but both of them could be good opportunities to get some of these things wrapped up. They are both events in which previously we've had some of the good 'strategy' people. And Cioppino last year actually got a lot of stuff done on plone.org (which they will be doing again this year I think).

I'm planning on going to Sorrento, and I'm hoping some others on here will also be there (Geir?). It has always been a good event for discussions on the future of Plone, and I hope we can also use it to get some stuff finished off.

-Matt