[QA-Team] [Plone-developers] Plone 4.1 soft-released

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Sun Jul 31 02:59:48 UTC 2011


On 31/07/2011, at 11:54 AM, Dylan Jay wrote:

> On 14/07/2011, at 5:07 PM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:
>>> We've just done a large site upgrade and noticed that a subset of  
>>> the
>>> redirectiontools redirections have gone missing.
>>> We're not sure if it's migration code related yet as we're still
>>> investigating. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
>>> We ran a linkchecker on the site before and after and got 105 extra
>>> broken links.
>>
>> There's two things that could be related here:
>>
>> - We migrated the UID index to a new type which won't allow  
>> duplicates
>> anymore. If you had duplicate UID assignments the upgrade will warn
>> you about them.
>> - We've rewritten the logic that apply the resolve_uid transformation
>> (converting such links to render as normal links using a path instead
>> of http://somehost/resolve_uid?uid=abc-def)
>>
>> We didn't touch the redirection tools data structure at all.
>>
>> If you compare the data structures, they should still be the same.
>> You'd have to look at some of the new broken links to find a pattern.
>
> Slowly unravelling this problem and it appears to be neither of the  
> above.
>
> We have a bunch on relative urls in our content.
> e.g. ../../documents/guidance/NSW_appendix_Compliance_Enforcement 
> %20.pdf
>
> In plone 3 this was left to the browser to resolve and that resulted  
> in a link like
> "/documents/guidance/NSW_appendix_Compliance_Enforcement%20.pdf"  
> which in turn has a redirection associated with it
>
> In plone 4 the cooked body has a absolute link to
> "/rail/documents/guidance/NSW_appendix_Compliance_Enforcement%20.pdf"
> This fails as there is no redirection for this link.
>
> I'm not sure which code is to blame here but it looks at the moment  
> like the transformation of relative urls in plone 4.1 is assuming  
> the base is a folder not a page which seems like a wrong assumption.

I've tracked down the code which is causing the issue and raised a  
bug. I'm not sure what a general solution would be however

https://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/12078

We'll try our upgrade again with a modified version of  
plone.outputfilters, changing the relative url handling to assume the  
context is a page rather than a folder, and see if that breaks less  
links than it does now :).


>
>
>
>>
>> Hanno
>



More information about the QA-Team mailing list