[QA-Team] [Plone-developers] Plone 4.1 soft-released

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Thu Jul 21 03:16:58 UTC 2011

On 14/07/2011, at 5:07 PM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:
>> We've just done a large site upgrade and noticed that a subset of the
>> redirectiontools redirections have gone missing.
>> We're not sure if it's migration code related yet as we're still
>> investigating. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
>> We ran a linkchecker on the site before and after and got 105 extra
>> broken links.
>
> There's two things that could be related here:
>
> - We migrated the UID index to a new type which won't allow duplicates
> anymore. If you had duplicate UID assignments the upgrade will warn
> you about them.
> - We've rewritten the logic that apply the resolve_uid transformation
> (converting such links to render as normal links using a path instead
> of http://somehost/resolve_uid?uid=abc-def)
>
> We didn't touch the redirection tools data structure at all.
>
> If you compare the data structures, they should still be the same.
> You'd have to look at some of the new broken links to find a pattern.

It's weird. We did another test conversion and found no differences in
the redirection table. It must have been something we did post upgrade
but we're not sure what.
We did turn on UID links after the last upgrade where it wasn't turned
on before. We'll continue to explore that as a source of the issue.
Thanks for your help.