[QA-Team] [Plone-developers] Plone 4.1 soft-released

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Jul 14 07:07:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:
> We've just done a large site upgrade and noticed that a subset of the
> redirectiontools redirections have gone missing.
> We're not sure if it's migration code related yet as we're still
> investigating. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
> We ran a linkchecker on the site before and after and got 105 extra
> broken links.

There's two things that could be related here:

- We migrated the UID index to a new type which won't allow duplicates
anymore. If you had duplicate UID assignments the upgrade will warn
you about them.
- We've rewritten the logic that apply the resolve_uid transformation
(converting such links to render as normal links using a path instead
of http://somehost/resolve_uid?uid=abc-def)

We didn't touch the redirection tools data structure at all.

If you compare the data structures, they should still be the same.
You'd have to look at some of the new broken links to find a pattern.

Hanno