[Product-Developers] This list is moving to community.plone.org (Discourse)

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Thu May 29 08:33:31 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 8:21 PM, Nathan Van Gheem <nathan at vangheem.us> wrote:
> All this drama for the VERY low traffic product developers list?

+1 how much was it about 30 conversations this year? This list is
dying so no harm done moving it.

> Email notifications work fine for me in discourse and I'll also add that the
> product developers list is not for core developers. I suspect for a majority
> of users, discourse will be superior.

Our effort would be more beneficial to report back upstream to the
discourse developers what works where room for improvement is and what
we miss (and maybe supply mockups or code). It's not a black box
closed source product after all ;-) But this discussion is best held
on community.plone.org

> +1 on this effort from me. Discourse is a step in the right direction.

+1

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Guido Stevens <guido.stevens at cosent.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 28-05-14 11:07, Martin Opstad Reistadbakk wrote:
>>>
>>> You can still get emails like a mailinglist and reply to them as normal.
>>

>> The clickpath for that is far from obvious and if it's documented I didn't
>> find the documentation.
>>
>> There's a core development category I cannot follow. Within the core
>> development topic I found a core development subcategory I could follow, but
>> "tracking" is not enough one needs to "watch". Then I'm still not getting
>> any messages and have to go to my personal preferences to activate maximal
>> verbosity. I'm wondering what else I missed.
>>
>> All the interface defaults here are skewed to not getting email. I'm not
>> going to be bothered to log into Discourse frequently; I need email to
>> follow the pulse of the community. I think it would be wise to monitor
>> activity levels on Discourse as compared to list traffic thus far. If volume
>> falls of, that would indicate a problem.
>>
>> :*CU#
>> --
>>     Guido Stevens  |  +31.43.3618933  |  http://cosent.nl
>>
>>     s o c i a l   k n o w l e d g e   t e c h n o l o g y

> Nathan Van Gheem
> Solutions Architect
> Wildcard Corp

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

London - UK
Mobile : +44 7899488511

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>