[Product-Developers] 'location' field missing in Dexterity/plone.app.contenttypes

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Tue May 13 19:37:35 UTC 2014

On 13-05-2014 15:21, Philip Bauer wrote:
> Omitting the field in DX was intentional. See https://github.com/plone/plone.app.contenttypes/issues/30

HV> no, it wasn't; as I mentioned we had a conversation about this on
the Dexterity developers group more than 2 years ago and we came into
the conclusion that the field should be added, but no index should be
included letting the integrators the freedom to use whatever location
implementation they wanted to use.

I simply can't find the ticket on the Google group.

I know this because I ended adding a location field on collective.nitf,
package that was on it's early stage of development at that time:

https://github.com/collective/collective.nitf/commit/b3ecfdf8a4f61b4bc0f7bf36b9c3298b66adb169

may be David remembers this.

best regards