[Product-Developers] plone.app.widgets nightmare

ajung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Mar 3 07:25:17 UTC 2014

Hi there,

we are trying to use plone.app.widgets in a Plone 4.3 project with Dexterity
since week - but the overall developer experience is more than frustration -
especially for non-hardcore Plone developers of the team (I am the coach).
We got various Javascript problems with some other 3rd party Javascript
modules (that are supposed being compatible with the jQuery version of Plone
4.3). We basically took a step back and removed stuff that could possibly
lead to conflict. Now we had a buildout running with some trivial Dexterity
types and plone.app.widgets worked fine out of the box with the type. Now a
co-worker added a RichText to his type and
*bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmm* : yet another JS issue.

Full error see here:

https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13893

<rant>
This is truly frustrating...especially for the other devs - we are currently
in the we-hate-Plone mode and asking ourselves: why should we use Plone
again?
</rant>

-aj