[Product-Developers] How to group fields in dexterity? Nested fieldsets possible?

David Glick (Plone) david.glick at plone.org
Fri Jan 31 20:28:27 UTC 2014

On 1/31/14, 11:30 AM, Maik Derstappen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'm looking for a way, to group some fields in a dexterity model.
> What i can do is, using a fieldset with plone.autoform, but this results
> in tabs in the edit form, which is ok.
> But what i whant is, inside one tab (fieldset) i will have some smaler
> fieldsets to group fields together which are belong together like
> date_from and date_to or some thing like this.
>
> z3c.form support nested groups (fieldsets) is there a way to do this in
> Plone with dexterity?
> Or how should i group fields in the dexterity edit form?
>
> thx for any hint

If you put enable_form_tabbing = False on the form class, Plone won't
turn the fieldsets into tabs.

But if you want tabs *and* fieldsets within the tabs, I think you'll
need to write your own form template. The autoform fieldsets and the
default template in plone.app.z3cform only handle one level of fieldsets.