[Product-Developers] Opinons needed: widgets, toolbar and foldercontents

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Tue Jan 28 21:40:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

There are some big UI changes going into Plone5. With big changes we need big input. Luckily all the big changes have releases that work on Plone 4.3 or lower so you have no excuse to drop what you are doing right now, run buildout and play with these new toys.

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/wildcard.foldercontents (aka structure pattern)
- This is a back-port of the same code that will be used for the contents tab in Plone 5. Features D&D, multi-file upload, select from more than one folder + more.
- send bugs to https://github.com/plone/mockup/issues?labels=bundle%3Afoldercontents
- can be previewed at http://plone.github.io/mockup/dev/#pattern/structure

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.widgets
- Replaces lots of your edit page widgets with shiny new ones. Some highlights include a unified relateditems widget, autocomplete for tags and much nicer datetime widgets
- send bugs to https://github.com/plone/mockup/issues?labels=widgets
- you can preview many of the widgets at http://plone.github.io/mockup/dev/

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/plone.app.toolbar
- Let's you have in-place editing without having to merge plone resources into your custom theme. Includes both widgets and foldercontents.
- send bugs to https://github.com/plone/mockup/issues?labels=toolbar

A big thanks to Nathan and Rok for all the work they have put into this code lately. They would love your help finding, fixing and documenting bugs.

The new theme (barceloneta) doesn't have a preview yet but you can do a coredev build and submit bugs
- https://github.com/plone/buildout.coredev/blob/5.0/plips/plip13787-main-template.cfg
- https://github.com/plone/mockup/issues/mentioned/djay?labels=bundle%3Abarceloneta
- Thanks to Ramon for his hard work on this.

In other UI team news: on the UI team list there is also ongoing discussion on potentially removing default pages and introducing tiles for plone5 or plone6. We will be sprinting on this in London and Sydney this coming friday -
I've also issued a challenge for anyone to attack low hanging UI fruit during the month of February. Now is the time to create a pull request for that one UI shortcut or missing control panel form you always wanted.
- http://plone.org/support/forums/ui
- http://www.coactivate.org/projects/fishchips-sprint-2014/project-home

Dylan Jay

---
www.pretagov.com - Secure SaaS for Government hosted locally.
P: +61-2-9955-2830  +44-87-0392-7071 | linkedin.com/in/djay75