[Product-Developers] Attaching plone.app.widgets to a custom Dexterity schema.

Sean Upton sdupton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 19:49:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 1:13 AM, Guido Stevens <guido.stevens at cosent.net> wrote:
> On 26/02/14 21:28, ajung wrote:
>     form.widget(
>         location_ref='plone.formwidget.contenttree.ContentTreeFieldWidget')

I'm guessing that Andreas is eager to try out the new mockup related
items widget, not wanting to use the contenttree widget.  There are
several things problematic with the older widget that also have me
eager to try the new stuff soon:

(1) No support for ordering multiple related items;

(2) Various UX bugs/annoyances (for example, scrolling on expansion of
a folderish node).

(3) Some minor nits: breaks in ugly ways when users do evil and put
spaces in short-names via folder_rename (but maybe it should).

(4) Too slow for large sets of items.

Not sure whether or how the new widget solves these, but I'm going to
try it soon and contribute if I can as well.

FWIW, I like the implementation of the sources in
plone.formwidget.contenttree, just the widget itself leaves me
wanting.

Sean