[Product-Developers] Archetypes Event-derived type without content actions menu

ajung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Apr 1 09:02:24 UTC 2014

Hi there,

we have legacy system (not out code) running on Plone 4.2.6. It contains a
custom AT-based
event type. This type shows up with an empty div.contentActions while all
other types show the standard Plone menu bar.

The empty div is generated through this viewlet definition in
plone.app.layout

    <browser:viewlet
        name="plone.contentactions"
        for="*"
        manager=".interfaces.IContentViews"
        template="contentactions_blank.pt"
        permission="zope2.View"
        />

while  the standard menu is generated through this viewlet definition

    <browser:viewlet
        name="plone.contentactions"
        for="*"
        view="plone.app.layout.globals.interfaces.IViewView"
        manager=".interfaces.IContentViews"
        class=".common.ContentActionsViewlet"
        permission="zope2.View"
        />

I really wander why the second viewlet definition does not work in our case
- not even for
the standard base_view.

Almost all of the code had been autogenerated through Zopeskel and the
minimum customization appear fine. I fact I have never heard of IViewView.
What could be the reason that even base_view would show up without content
actions menus?

Andreas