[Product-Developers] Getting hold of the context URL in JS

Sean Upton sdupton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 22:45:52 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Luca Fabbri <luca at keul.it> wrote:
> Yes, I use the same trick, but Andreas is right. We still have only
> "portal_url" (global!) var. Maybe it's time to give some other vars
> (in a structure that use a namespace, to not pollute the global
> object).

The truth is in the DOM.  In HTML5, there should be reasonable <link
rel="CONTROLLED_NAME_HERE" href="..." /> options to express this for
things other than base like the site root and navigation root.

IMHO, rather than some namespaced-but-otherwise global (or in addition
to it), this stuff should come from the DOM on-demand or at page-load
time.

Sean