[Product-Developers] Request for a new release for DataGridField

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 22:05:06 UTC 2013

I spent a couple of hours on this without luck.

I think there's something wrong on the testing schema:

collective.z3cform.datagridfield is depending on
collective.z3cform.datagridfield_demo on tests but
collective.z3cform.datagridfield_demo depends on
collective.z3cform.datagridfield and five.grok.

many weird things:

tests are passing on my local machine with Plone 4.3; on Travis, we have
a different story...

tests are passing on Plone 4.1:
https://travis-ci.org/collective/collective.z3cform.datagridfield/jobs/11567279

tests are failing on 4.2 and 4.3 with "ImportError: No module named grok":
https://travis-ci.org/collective/collective.z3cform.datagridfield/jobs/11567274
https://travis-ci.org/collective/collective.z3cform.datagridfield/jobs/11567275

I even tried declaring five.grok as a testing dependency of
collective.z3cform.datagridfield but then I ended with
"ConfigurationError: ('Unknown directive',
u'http://namespaces.zope.org/grok', u'grok')":
https://travis-ci.org/collective/collective.z3cform.datagridfield/jobs/11569675
https://travis-ci.org/collective/collective.z3cform.datagridfield/jobs/11569676

with Grok is very difficult to understand when something fails this way.

tests are failing (and being ignored) on Plone 4.0 because of wrong
pinned versions:
https://travis-ci.org/collective/collective.z3cform.datagridfield/jobs/11567276

I can fix this, but I don't know if it makes sense at this point.

there are annotations on all builds to help you debug.

anyway, now you have a simplified version of the Travis configuration
using collective.z3cform.datagridfield_demo from master.

good luck!

Héctor Velarde