[Product-Developers] Plone CMIS components release

Wim Boucquaert wim at infrae.com
Tue May 28 09:04:06 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

On 05/27/2013 07:26 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> Awesome. Are there any technical barriers making content in CMS writable
> through Plone (through a lousely coupled integration)?

The technical scope of this project was to do keep the metadata and
content readonly on the Plone side and as generic as possible. We
sticked to the scope for this project and didn't work on making the
content writable trough Plone. This has also the benefit that end users
know that if they need to change and edit CMIS content they need to go
to Alfresco for instance. I think the most tricky technical part would
be concurrent editing on the Plone and CMIS side and how to handle that.

Regards

Wim