[Product-Developers] <pissed> Generating the Dexterity boilerplate for Plone 4.3</pissed>

ajung lists at zopyx.com
Sat May 25 16:29:40 UTC 2013

The "getstarted" documentation warns about templer

http://developer.plone.org/getstarted/dexterity.html?highlight=templer

but not the official Dexterity reference manual.

The reference manual speaks about Zopeskel for generating the boilerplate
but does not warn about templer.

http://developer.plone.org/reference_manuals/external/plone.app.dexterity/prerequisite.html

So the only working solution is ZopeSkel (version 2.x I assume). So why are
tools like Templer and Zopeskel 3 out in the wild? Open Source does not mean
that everything has to be released _just_ for the sake of having it
released.

Andreas

Steve McMahon wrote