[Product-Developers] Plone 4.3 + templer.dexterity -> pain

Timo Stollenwerk lists at zmag.de
Wed May 8 13:15:07 UTC 2013

Am 08.05.2013 14:54, schrieb Andreas Jung:
> Hi there,
>
> from the integrators point of view I am pissed by Plone 4.3
> and Dexterity.
>
> I tried to bootstrap a Dexterity project on Plone 4.3 with
> the following Templer configuration in my buildout:
>
> [templer]
> recipe = zc.recipe.egg
> eggs =
>     PasteScript
>     templer.core
>     templer.zope
>     templer.plone
>     templer.dexterity
>     ${instance:eggs}
>
> After that I created a Dexterity project.
>
> Error #1: the generated skeleton requires five.grok
> which is neither defined in Plone itself nor in the
> generated skeleton

Seems like templer.dexterity hasn't been updated to Plone 4.3 /
Dexterity 2.0 yet. Replacing "plone.app.dexterity" with
"plone.app.dexterity[grok]" in templer.dexterity should do the trick.

I'm happy to make a release if sombody fixes and tests this.

> Error #2: I tried to create  dexterity content-type
> by calling
>
> ../../bin/template addcontent
>
> inside src/my.package
>
> This give me
>
> ERROR. no such template: addcontent.

Seems like you are trying to use the AT commands. See:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/templer.dexterity

> If I can't get it working how should people with
> less skills get it running? The current situation
> for bootstrapping Dexterity (at least using Templer)
> appears very poor and painful.

I agree. Though, like always, somebody has to do the work. Personally I
don't use templer.dexterity because it uses five.grok which I try to
avoid in my projects.

Timo