[Product-Developers] prevent acquisition-wrapping for childs of dexterity types

Dominik dominikruf at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 13:58:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

http://developer.plone.org/reference_manuals/external/plone.app.dexterity/advanced/catalog-indexing-strategies.html
mentions that
"Objects are normally acquisition-wrapped when they are indexed, which means
that an indexed value may be acquired from a parent. This can be confusing,
especially if you are building container types and creating new indexes for
them. If child objects don’t have attributes/methods with names
corresponding to indexes, the parent object’s value will be indexed for all
children as well."
Is there a way to prevent this.
I have a dexterity container with files as children and have added indexes
for some fields of my dexterity type.
When I search based on a field I not only get the dexterity type (which has
this field) but also its children (files).