[Product-Developers] Non-open source plone plugins?

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko+plone at redinnovation.com
Wed Jul 31 07:18:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

There is nothing preventing you selling GPL'ed plugin, but you cannot
prevent your customer to further make it available download on their site
(that would be GPL violation). So, make sure it's your customer's best
interest not to distribute your plugin further.

-Mikko

On 31 July 2013 10:03, Dylan Jay <djay at pretaweb.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My understand was that you couldn't license a plone product with anything
> other than a GPL license due to the Plone GPL license. Does that prevent
> you from being to sell a plugin and not publish the plugin on pypi or
> plone.org?
>
> ---
> Dylan Jay
> Technical Solutions Manager
> PretaWeb: Multisite Performance Support
> P: +612 80819071 | M: +61421477460 | twitter.com/pretaweb |
> linkedin.com/in/djay75

Mikko Ohtamaa
http://opensourcehacker.com
http://twitter.com/moo9000