[Product-Developers] [ANN] collective.cover 1.0a4 almost ready

Héctor Velarde hector.velarde at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 15:58:09 UTC 2013

collective.cover is a package that allows the creation of elaborate
covers for website homepages, especially for news portals, government
sites and intranets that require more resources than a simple page or
collection can offer:

https://github.com/collective/collective.cover

we want to make a new release of collective.cover in the next hours.

we have fixed a dozen of bugs and added some new features:

- major refactoring of collection and carousel tiles
- major refactoring of package vocabularies
- image and link tiles are now deprecated in favor of a new banner tile
(tiles' code will be kept until next release)
- styles can now be applied to individual tiles

for the complete list of changes see:

https://github.com/collective/collective.cover/blob/master/docs/CHANGES.rst#10a4-unreleased

if you are using collective.cover please help us by testing the upgrade
step from 3 to 4 included in the master branch of the package; remember
not to do this in production sites but on backed up copies ;-)

if you are a translation maintainer, please update your translation.

if you wanted to test collective.cover, this is a good time to do it
and, why not, contribute with a translation to your own language.

English, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, French and Chinese traditional
are already included!

as far as we know, collective.cover is currently being used in the
following sites:

http://www.cartacapital.com.br/
http://www.redebrasilatual.com.br/
http://www.vtv.gob.ve/

among others, and in 2 state agencies in the United States.

are you using collective.cover somewhere else? let us know!

share and enjoy!
--
Héctor Velarde
cel: +55 (11) 992 701 111