[Product-Developers] Plone 4.3 compatibility for plone.org products (was Plone 4.2 compatibility for plone.org products)

Luca Fabbri luca at keul.it
Tue Jan 15 08:18:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 7:49 PM, David Glick (Plone)
<david.glick at plone.org> wrote:
> On 1/14/13 4:16 AM, Luca Fabbri wrote:

>>> Yes you can help, please help! :-)
>>>
>> I started watching at this in the W.E: I'm not 100% sure I'm using the
>> right branch.
>> In this template
>>
>> (https://github.com/plone/Products.PloneOrg/blob/master/src/Products/PloneOrg/skins/ploneorg/psc_view_ploneorg.pt)
>> I get errors for the old-style usage of toLocalizedTime.
>>
>> Anyone can confirm this?
>

> I just checked in portal_skins on plone.org, and it's actually using the
> copy of psc_view_ploneorg from PloneSoftwareCenter, not the one in PloneOrg.
>

>> Meanwhile: can I also try to implement my old suggestion from the
>> discussion "Releases on plone.org/products page" (in two word:
>> changing the plone.org/products page dropdown default to "most rated"
>> to "recently updated")?
>>
> +0. The downside to that is that is makes it easier to game the system to
> make your product show up more, by making frequent releases.

Yeah, good opposition.
However (as discussed in the other thread) the products page right now
is really static (IMHO not good for selling Plone).

However this is a critical change: I will not implement this until
someone take some decision.

--
-- luca

twitter: http://twitter.com/keul