[Product-Developers] Announcing collective.ebook

ida277 contact at ida-ebkes.eu
Mon Feb 25 15:23:24 UTC 2013

Malthe Borch-2 wrote
> On 25 February 2013 12:44, ida277 <

> contact@

> > wrote:
>> Sending it as Email doesn't. I'll get a success-info but the Emails never
>> arrive (mailserver is configured correctly and works f.e. with the
>> contact-form), but that's not so important to me in the moment.
>
> I'm confused – how do you send it as an e-mail? What do you mean exactly?

Apologies, I was testing several PDF-gen-add-ons in one Zope-instance and
mixed it up with c.sendaspdf.

Malthe Borch-2 wrote
> There's a dynatree interface that ultimately sends a number of
> Archetypes UIDs back to Plone – namely, the selected content items
> (and in the case of folders, their "expanded" contents).

Ah, now I see the dynatree, after activating something (didn't get the
danish text) in the controlpanel.

It took me a while to find out that the PDF-gen-button needs to be enabled,
too, a little bit more hidden in the 'Settings'-tab.

Then hitting 'create PDF' returns an error message from DateTime, correctly
blaming that the publication-date of an item returns the year '1000' as
default value, if not set, yet, expecting '1900' as a minimum.

I don't have a license for PrinceXML, but the optional 'render as
HTML'-output is lovely, exactly what I was looking for to have a lightweight
and quick possibility to generate an overview of a site's content, including
the body-text-field.

One last pitfall: Hitting the button on a plone-site itself (the root)
results in 'AttributeError UID'.

Do you think it could be fair enough easy to connect with another (free)
converter than PrinceXML?

-ida