[Product-Developers] Best practice to install additional dependency/profile in upgradestep

Jochen Dekeyser jochen.dekeyser at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 11:24:00 UTC 2013

I want to clearify my question, I don't think my previous question is
completly clear:
Suppose I have an add-on with metadata.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<metadata>
  <version>1</version>
</metadata>

Now I want to upgrade my add-on and metadata.xml to:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<metadata>
  <version>2</version>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>profile-mydependency:default</dependency>
  </dependencies>
</metadata>

And I want to create an upgrade step which automatically installs
profile-mydependency:default when I upgrade from version 1 to version 2...

What is the best practice to do this?