[Product-Developers] [GSoC 2013][Mobile Web App] Functionality Wishlist

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Wed Apr 17 13:24:40 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-17 08:39:25 +0000, Aleksandar Kodzhabashev said:

> Hi Plone Product Developers!
>
> I am working on a GSoC proposal to implement a Restful API and
> HTML5/Javascript modern app for mobile Plone administration. Sounds
> exciting and can't wait to get my hands dirty, but maybe it's better to
> see what the community wants first =)
>
> So far many people on the developer mailing list have voted for
> PloneSocial features - I figure ActivityStream viewing, Microblog
> posting.
>
> I thought I should ask you, the product developers, for your
> experienced opinion. What would you be happy to be able to administer
> on the go?

Welcome! If content editing is too big of a scope for GSOC (I thought I
saw regebro mention this in another thread), then maybe something
"simple" like editing control panel settings would be within scope. As
a "devops nerd" I'd love the ability to point a mobile application at
my Plone site(s) to configure some of the more popular settings in Site
Setup e.g. Users, Groups, Mail Settings, etc.

Alex Clark · http://about.me/alex.clark