[Product-Developers] ZODB blob expertise needed

Tom Gross itconsense at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:30:21 UTC 2012

Hi all

I do indexing of my Plone data with Solr and enhanced collective.solr
with Tika-support for extracting and indexing binary objects [1]. I use
the streaming-handler [2]) for feeding the binary data into Solr. In my
setup Solr and Plone are NOT on the same machine.
If I upload a file everything works ok but if I change the binary
content of an existing file the blob is not committed and the
'/tmp/...'-path is streamed, which obviously does not exist on the
remote Solr machine (blobstorage is mounted via CIFS). The
_p_jar-Attribute of the blob-Object in plone.app.blob.field never seems
to be set.

As a workaround a commit (a savepoint is for some strange reasons not
sufficient) in Archetypes.BaseObject._processForm does the trick.

Anyone knows a better way for achieving this? Anything I missed?

Thanks
:Tom

   [1]:
https://github.com/tomgross/collective.solr/blob/master/src/collective/solr/indexer.py#L98