[Product-Developers] yawofil + plone + dexterity

johannes raggam raggam-nl at adm.at
Wed Oct 24 16:15:41 UTC 2012

On 10/23/2012 12:24 PM, kiorky wrote:

> On 23/10/2012 11:29, Patrick Gerken wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Robert Niederreiter
>> <rnix at squarewave.at> wrote:
>>> Am 2012-10-22 21:07, schrieb kiorky: In pyramid, i'd use
>>> Deform.
>>>
>>> Well, thats a matter of taste i guess. I mean, there's nothing
>>> wrong with class based forms. I just don't like them yery much
>>> due to the lack of flexibility.
>> You can and I do create dynamic schemas for deform forms:
>>
>> http://docs.pylonsproject.org/projects/colander/en/latest/basics.html#defining-a-schema-imperatively

Also, deform works fine in Plone. The advantage I see with jawofil is
>> that they already styled their widgets to match the plone ui. If
>> you customize the design anyway, that's not an issue anyway.
>
> Well said, i didn't dare to tell it myself :-) Colander's deferred
> is something magical.

the idea behind YAFOWIL is to seperate the data model (schema) from
the form. because forms do not necessarily represent the object's data
model 1:1. in fact, by doing so, the UI often gets too complicated.

for example, if you want to edit more than one object with only one
form or if you have to set/unset interfaces on an object, depending on
form input which has no representation in the schema.

but auto generated forms from schemas would be possible with YAFOWIL
too, of course. it's just that nobody has written it yet.

i agree that the choice which framework to use is often a matter of taste.

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Patrick

- --
programmatic  web development