[Product-Developers] Announcing collective.multilingual

Philip Bauer bauer at starzel.de
Sat Oct 6 13:41:50 UTC 2012

Am 06.10.2012 um 13:34 schrieb Rafael Oliveira <rafaelbco at gmail.com>:

> Are you using p.a.contenttypes to provide the default content types implemented in dexterity and archetypes to implement your custom types ? Why is that ? I'm curious because i'm considering using p.a.contenttypes in production but i don't know if it's mature enough yet. The benefit would be a dexterity-only site. But you're saying you're using archetypes too, so i don't get it.

Hi Rafael,

yes, we use p.a.contenttypes to provide the default-types and extend them with our own behaviors (like making things buyable in the shop). We also use dexterity and behaviors for all the custom stuff. We use archetypes when we were to lazy and pressed for time to write a nice dexterity content-type that plays youtube-videos as well as mp3's and flv-videos. We also use a few archetypes-folders as containers since eea.facettednavigation won't work with dexterity-folders and again we were to hurried to fix eea.facetednavigation. It's on my list but it's only getting longer, not shorter.

plone.app.contentypes is not super-mature but since I wrote most of it I'm eating my dog-food. There are plans to move plone.app.contenttypes away from xml-schemata to real interface-schemata and polish it. But for our use-cases it works so far. There will be a sprint in november/december and one of it's tasks is to get it production-ready for everyone to use.

Philip