[Product-Developers] Announcing collective.multilingual

Philip Bauer bauer at starzel.de
Sat Oct 6 08:17:43 UTC 2012

We have a site in production (http://www.dynajet.de) that uses plone.app.multilingual together with plone.app.contentypes, a few archetypes content-types, eea.facettednavigation and a extranet-shop using plonegetpaid (that is the very ugly bit). We are pretty happy with it now and think our early-adoption of p.a.m has paid off even though we had to do some work on it.

We also monkey-patched TinyMCE to provide access to content in all languages across navigation-roots.

The hardest part by far was getting rid off all residue that LinguaPlone (we included it at some point before p.a.m. was on our horizon). Especial the relation-catalog proved worrisome. We created collective.forgetit (https://github.com/starzel/collective.forgetit) to help with the last meters here.

Like so many times, a good user-interface is the key to success and our editors are happy with it.
Thanks to Ramon and all the others for the great work.

Cheers,
Philip

--
Starzel.de