[Product-Developers] Releasing on plone.org/products

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Thu Nov 15 15:54:45 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-15 14:56:33 +0000, Mikko Ohtamaa said:

> Luca Fabbri wrote
>> ing that seems to keep happening:
>>> The product does not show up the the listings.
>>> Earlier, I have gotten around this by retracting the release and
>>> re-releasing it, but this time that does not help
>>> Any suggestions what can be causing this?
>
> I tried to do a new release myself (first uploaded to PyPi, then poking
> around on plone.org/products). Looks like it's a plone.org bug of some sort.
>
> <http://plone.293351.n2.nabble.com/file/n7561245/Screen_Shot_2012-11-15_at_4.53.50_PM.png>
>

> I think the supported version list is empty for some reason and you cannot
> white list yourself for Plone 4 and that's why add-on doesn't show up in the
> search.
>
> But I might be wrong.

Cue: "We really need to do something about plone.org" music. I'm trying
to get my head around what it would take to fix some of this stuff… and
how to organize it. The only thing I've got, and what I am stuck on, is:

- Martior wants to move plone.org to a SFU VM and I have volunteered to
help, so we can reinstall the "big" server.
- Tangentially, Matt H & Co want to launch plone.com, and I have
volunteered to help launch their work on another SFU VM.

I have access to the latter VM, let me see if I can get access to the
former (the one slated to hold plone.org in the interim) and take it
from there. Any other thoughts welcome.

--
Alex Clark · https://www.gittip.com/aclark4life/