[Product-Developers] How to search and sort content based on owner last login time?

zjs2k zjs2k at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 16:12:27 UTC 2012

Wow, quite a heated discussion overnight. I really appreciate all your input.
I ask this because I want to confirm that this is no something Plone/zope
already providing. This feature essentially encourages users to login more
regularly since their content is moved to the top of list. Sort of like a
bump in forum posts.

>From what I gathered, I need either to pre-sort search results as suggested
by Ric, or update content index for every user login as mentioned by Dylan.
Since this is not a function available from zcatalog by default, these
solutions are as good as it gets. Thanks to Laurence for pointing out the
lastlogin package, it will be useful to implement the index.