[Product-Developers] Status of CAS support within Plone (Products.CAS4PAS, collective.castle, etc)

David Beitey david at davidjb.com
Mon May 14 02:00:38 UTC 2012

As mentioned, I've no allegiances to any existing product or plugin.
Taking a higher-level perspective, collective.castle offers the Plone-level
integration for CAS, and can easily re-jigged to utilise another PAS plugin
(migration steps may be interesting but not unsolvable).  I am happy to do
this work (plus migrate to GitHub and do additional implementation) if
there's a consensus on switching to use anz.casplugin and developing that
instead.

On looking through the code, it seems decent, but I've not actually tested
deployed anything with this so far.  Hopefully someone else has and can
comment.

Also, are there issues with code copyright, licensing, etc and getting
access to PyPI and Plone.org for making releases?

Thoughts?

(Original contact email included on this mail)